Open Ear Style Hearing Aids
|With the advent of "Open Ear" style hearing aids, one of the single biggest complaints from hearing aid users has been solved! Traditional hearing aids occlude or plug-up the ear canal, similar to what it feels like when you stick your fingers in your ears.|
Plugging-up the ear:
- Creates uncomfortable pressure.
- Makes the wearer’s voice seem too loud.
- Takes away some of the person’s good hearing.
"Open Ear" Hearing Aids:
- Do not Plug-up your ear.
- Don’t take away any hearing..they simply add what you are missing.
- Eliminate the plugged up pressure.
- Provide a natural experience when speaking and chewing.
- Tiny, very difficult to see (some of the models).
- Feel like you don’t have anything in your ear.
At Physician’s Choice Hearing & Dizziness we sell hearing aids from every major manufacturer and most of them have "Open Ear" models. Combined with digital sound processing, "Open Ear" hearing aids are making this a very exciting time to buy hearing aids. If you are a person who has trouble understanding certain words, especially when there is background noise present, "Open Ear" hearing aids could be the answer for you!